Saturday, July 21, 2007

Arcitc treasures

To me, one of the best things about this research is getting to experience a whole different side of nature. Joe and I were talking about meditation the other day, and he asked me where I go when I meditate, and this is exactly where my mind takes off to. When I'm out in the field by myself I like to sit down and meditate; the presence of so much life around me overwhelms me sometimes. I love the feeling so much that I'm sometimes scared to open my eyes, only to look around and see the presence of man again...

Here are some pictures of some of the wildlife I've seen around Barrow :)


A caribou paying us a visit at biocomplexity.

Two guillemots conversing.

Snow bunting!

A pacific loon at one of the ponds I GPS...gorgeous
The same loon, two weeks later :)
Right behind me, a snowy owl watching for lemmings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home